The Nursery Ministry at Cedar Springs seeks to create a safe and secure environment where the love of Christ is displayed through gentle and conscientious care. We consider it a privilege to serve young children and their parents.
Sunday AM Nursery
Nursery Care is offered every Sunday morning for children ages birth through two-years-old. The Nursery currently opens at 8:45 a.m. and concludes at noon. Care is available for all children during both worship hours. Beginning April 23, the Nursery will open at 8:00 a.m. and conclude at 12:15 p.m. Care will be available during the 8:15 worship service, the Sunday School Hour and the 11:00 worship service.
Our infant and toddler rooms are staffed with well-trained volunteers, committed to the safe care and love for your child. Our Two-Year-Old classrooms are staffed with volunteers who not only love and care for your child but also teach a Bible lesson, which includes Scripture, prayer, music, craft and activity. We utilize "Show Me Jesus" curriculum, published by Great Commission Publications (gcp.org.)
All of our volunteers have been background checked and instructed, and are supervised in conjunction with the church's Child Protection Policy. Our Check-In & Check-Out System is designed to provide for your child's protection. This system includes pagers that are available for parents so that they may be quickly alerted if they are needed.
If you are visiting for the first time, please register your child at the Nursery Registration Desk, or call 291-5242 to pre-register.
Items to Bring When Leaving Your Child in Our Care:
- A diaper bag, with disposable diapers, burping cloths, bibs, and a change of clothing
- Bottles and/or cups; formula, milk, juice and/or food if appropriate
- Pacifiers, paci-clips, security blankets
- A change of clothing if your child is potty training
- PLEASE make sure all items are clearly LABELED with the child's first and last name.
Please Dress Your Child:
- According to the weather. Older children will play on the playground if the weather permits.
- In a jacket or coat if needed (please label with name.)
- In comfortable shoes (or socks if non-walker) that will not easily slip off their feet.
Our Health Care Policy is for the well being of all the children, volunteers and staff. All children attending the Nursery must be free from communicable diseases and free of fever, unexplained rash, upset stomach, diarrhea, vomiting, crusty or oozing eyes, and respiratory infections for at least 24 hours. (Symptoms of respiratory infection include sore throat, nasal congestion, earache, cough, and white, yellow or green drainage.) The Nursery reserves the right to refuse children who may pose a health risk to others.