Cedar Springs undertakes many short term mission trips every year. We see these as a strategic component of our long term mission. Our short term program is designed to achieve three key objectives:
- Evangelism: We are to take God’s message of redemption to all people throughout the world.
- Discipleship: Short term programs are a useful element in capturing the heart of the believers for mission. Once engaged, many Christians find their own spiritual lives take on a whole new dimension.
- Long term mission support: Short term mission, when conducted correctly, can be very helpful to the field teams in their effort to make disciples and plant churches on the mission field. Thus, they can benefit the overall Great Commission objective.
Cedar Springs is planning several trips for 2017. Domestically, student ministries is planning a spring trip to North Carolina and is also going to Chicago. In the summer, volunteers are being recruited for a trip to Boston. Globally, we're sending teams this year to Ethiopia for mercy ministry; to Europe in response to the refugee crisis; as well as sending teams to the Middle East, Mozambique, and Southeast Asia. To learn more about these trips, email us!
INFO FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN A SHORT TERM TRIP
- You must meet specific trip guidelines in order to participate and obtain financial support from CSPC. We trust that those who receive support for mission trips are regularly contributing toward the Global Mission Fund at Cedar Springs.
- The short term trips team must approve your participation on the trip.
- You will need to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork and other requirements. For example, you must have a valid passport, short-term international insurance, proper immunization, and a visa depending on the country. Your team leader will be able to assist you in determining what you need.
- It's encouraged that you send out prayer and support letters.
- You will need to keep track of the amount of support you have received before the trip and submit any checks and cash to CSPC.
- You will participate in the training and team preparation offered by the team leader.
- You will be encouraged to keep a daily diary on the field.
In addition, there are ways to serve people who come to Knoxville, right from our own doorsteps. Each summer there are a few opportunities in which we encourage your involvement:
- China Cross Cultural Exchange: Host two Chinese students during the last two weeks of July 2017. Email for more information.
- Young Life Madrid: Host a Spanish student in July. Email us for dates and details!