Cedar Springs is sending many short term teams off this summer. Most trips are full and teams are working diligently to prepare for their travels and partnerships with ministries. However, if you're interested in future short term trips & hosting opportunities, please email us for info.
Cedar Springs undertakes many short term mission trips every year. We see these as a strategic component of our long term mission. Our short term program is designed to achieve three key objectives:
- Evangelism: We are to take God’s message of redemption to all people throughout the world.
- Discipleship: Short term programs are a useful element in capturing the heart of the believers for mission. Once engaged, many Christians find their own spiritual lives take on a whole new dimension.
- Long term mission support: Short term mission, when conducted correctly, can be very helpful to the field teams in their effort to make disciples and plant churches on the mission field. Thus, they can benefit the overall Great Commission objective.
INFO FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN A SHORT TERM TRIP
- You must meet specific trip guidelines in order to participate and obtain financial support from CSPC. We trust that those who receive support for mission trips are regularly contributing toward the Global Mission Fund at Cedar Springs.
- The short term trips team must approve your participation on the trip.
- You will need to ensure you have all the necessary paperwork and other requirements. For example, you must have a valid passport, short term international insurance, proper immunization, and a visa depending on the country. Your team leader will be able to assist you in determining what you need.
- It's encouraged that you send out prayer and support letters.
- You will need to keep track of the amount of support you have received before the trip and submit any checks and cash to CSPC.
- You will participate in the training and team preparation offered by the team leader.
- You will be encouraged to keep a daily diary on the field.