Come Serve With Us
Join us for a Come Serve With Us Outing on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 from 3:00 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
We will be spending time with moms and their children at Great Starts, which is a program that allows moms who are battling addiction to detox, heal and grow while keeping a relationship with their children. We will be joining staff from Safe Families for Children, a Bethany Christian Services ministry supported by CSPC. Safe Families provides a weekly Bible study for these moms that includes dinner and fellowship.
The moms will be getting hair cuts, and we need volunteers to play with the children, to bring drinks and desserts for a pizza party, and to enjoy a time of fellowship with the moms.
Please click here to let us know you are coming, and if you are bringing a drink and/or a dessert. We will send you more details when you sign up.
For more information, contact Kathy (email@example.com or 692-5503).
The Cedar Springs Refugee Ministry has both immediate and ongoing volunteer needs:
- Click here to see this week's immediate needs.
- Click here for a list of ongoing ways individuals, families, and small groups can serve Christ by serving refugees.
KICKO (Knoxville Inner City Kids Outreach) is a para-church ministry focused on taking the Gospel to children living in our urban communities. They are looking for volunteers to build relationships as they share the love of Christ in a fun and powerful way through their Sidewalk Sonday School program (visit www.kicko.org). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 523-4956 for more details.
Deacon Car Care
Deacon Car Car is offered quarterly and is available at no charge to widows, single moms and others who may have financial difficulties. To schedule an appointment or to volunteer, call Bill Jacks (693-0502). The next Car Care is planned for a Saturday in April, 2018 (date TBD) from 1 to 4 p.m. at Beaman Imports, 217 Sherway Road.
Compassion Coalition "Taking It To The Streets"
- Hear all about the Compassion Coalition, what they do, the training they provide, and tour their new offices in the old Regas building. Lunch provided, and you do need to sign up. Click here for their calendar to see scheduled times.
Compassion Coalition Bulletin Board
- Click here for the link to the list of current community-wide needs and volunteer opportunities that the Compassion Coalition maintains.
- At the KARM Volunteer Encounter, you’ll learn about their programs and services, tour the facilities, discover current volunteer opportunities, and find out exactly what to do to get started volunteering. Go here for more information and to sign up.
"Every Bed Every Day" at KARM
- This is a wonderful opportunity for you to bring your children from 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Fridays and pray over each bed that the homeless sleep in at night. Let the children make cards of encouragment to leave on the beds. Call Dana O'Kelley at 805-4380 to schedule a time.
FISH Food Pantry
- Volunteer to deliver food on the second Friday of each month at 12:30 or 5:30 p.m. Contact Duffy Stowers email@example.com
Under the Bridge
- Help serve barbecue to the homeless 'under the bridge.' Contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deliver groceries to those living with HIV. Contact Wayne Smith, email@example.com
FOCUS Prison Ministries
- Donate items for Welcome Home Baskets; click here for more information.