The Cedar Springs Refugee Ministry has both immediate and ongoing volunteer needs:
- Click here to see this week's immediate needs.
- Click here for a list of ongoing ways individuals, families, and small groups can serve Christ by serving refugees.
Mission of Hope
2017 Key Dates & Volunteer Opportunities:
Oct. 26 & 27 - Outreach & Distribution Event, Sneedville, TN (volunteers welcome!)
Oct. 31 - Construction Ministry & Handicap Ramp Builds Ends
Nov. 2 - Annual Celebration & Fund Raising Banquet
Nov. 9-12 - Zoo For The Hope Food Drive @ Knoxville Zoo (need volunteers)
Nov. 17 - 5th Annual Christmas Drive Collection at Pinnacle–Turkey Creek
Nov. 26 - Keyboards at Christmas (Tennessee Theater)
Nov. 17 - 22nd Annual Christmas Program and Barrel
Dec. 4 - Collection Drives in Knoxville and Lexington
Dec. 7 - Pack The Lobby Toy Drive at WKYT–TV, Lexington KY
Note: Dates & locations will be confirmed for upcoming events on the Mission of Hope website (www.missionofhope.org) and through Emmette’s E-mail Updates.
For more details: 865-584-7571 or toll free 877-627-1909
Mission of Hope • P. O. Box 51824 • Knoxville, TN 37950
Click here for more info about them and their mission.
KICKO (Knoxville Inner City Kids Outreach) is a para-church ministry focused on taking the Gospel to children living in our urban communities. They are looking for volunteers to build relationships as they share the love of Christ in a fun and powerful way through their Sidewalk Sonday School program (visit www.kicko.org). Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 523-4956 for more details.
Deacon Car Care
Deacon Car Car is offered quarterly and is available at no charge to widows, single moms and others who may have financial difficulties. To schedule an appointment or to volunteer, call Bill Jacks (693-0502). The next Car Care is planned for a Saturday in January, 2018 (date TBD) from 1 to 4 p.m. at Beaman Imports, 217 Sherway Road.
Compassion Coalition "Taking It To The Streets"
- Hear all about the Compassion Coalition, what they do, the training they provide, and tour their new offices in the old Regas building. Lunch provided, and you do need to sign up. Click here for their calendar to see scheduled times.
Compassion Coalition Bulletin Board
- Click here for the link to the list of current community-wide needs and volunteer opportunities that the Compassion Coalition maintains.
- At the KARM Volunteer Encounter, you’ll learn about their programs and services, tour the facilities, discover current volunteer opportunities, and find out exactly what to do to get started volunteering. Go here for more information and to sign up.
"Every Bed Every Day" at KARM
- This is a wonderful opportunity for you to bring your children from 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Fridays and pray over each bed that the homeless sleep in at night. Let the children make cards of encouragment to leave on the beds. Call Dana O'Kelley at 805-4380 to schedule a time.
FISH Food Pantry
- Volunteer to deliver food on the second Friday of each month at 12:30 or 5:30 p.m. Contact Duffy Stowers email@example.com
Under the Bridge
- Help serve barbecue to the homeless 'under the bridge.' Contact Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deliver groceries to those living with HIV. Contact Wayne Smith, email@example.com
FOCUS Prison Ministries
- Donate items for Welcome Home Baskets; click here for more information.