Opportunities to Serve
Deacon Car Care
Deacon Car Car is offered quarterly and is available at no charge to widows, single moms and others who may have financial difficulties. To schedule an appointment or to volunteer, call Bill Jacks (693-0502). The next Car Care will be on a Saturday in April (tbd) from 1 to 4 p.m. at Beaman Imports, 217 Sherway Road.
Compassion Coalition "Taking It To The Streets"
- Hear all about the Compassion Coalition, what they do, the training they provide, and tour their new offices in the old Regas building. Lunch provided, and you do need to sign up. Click here for their calendar to see scheduled times.
Compassion Coalition Bulletin Board
- Click here for the link to the list of current community-wide needs and volunteer opportunities that the Compassion Coalition maintains.
- At the KARM Volunteer Encounter, you’ll learn about their programs and services, tour the facilities, discover current volunteer opportunities, and find out exactly what to do to get started volunteering. Go here for more information and to sign up.
"Every Bed Every Day" at KARM
- This is a wonderful opportunity for you to bring your children from 9:00-11:00 a.m. on Fridays and pray over each bed that the homeless sleep in at night. Let the children make cards of encouragment to leave on the beds. Call Dana O'Kelley at 805-4380 to schedule a time.
FISH Food Pantry
- Volunteer to deliver food on the second Friday of each month at 12:30 or 5:30 p.m. Contact Duffy Stowers firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the Bridge
- Help serve barbecue to the homeless 'under the bridge.' Contact Joe at email@example.com.
- Deliver groceries to those living with HIV. Contact Wayne Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
FOCUS Prison Ministries
- Donate items for Welcome Home Baskets; click here for more information.