Our Vision: In the power of the Holy Spirit, to humbly and joyfully assist the church in Godward affection.
We want to be the worshipers the Father is seeking, those who worship him "in spirit and truth" (John 4:1-26). True worship is much greater than a Sunday morning gathering, but it doesn't exist without it (Hebrews 10:25). As a ministry of music, our goal is God: to delight in him, and help others do the same, through the great hymns of the faith and the fresh, doctrinally rich songs being introduced in our day. We seek to help the Church extol the greatness, wonder, beauty and perfection of our God.
We are a big church with a few thousand members. A group this large will indeed differ in music preferences! Because of that, we have a few guiding principles:
- Music is not our mediator. No matter how good (or bad!) our music is, worship is only acceptable through the blood of Jesus Christ. (1 Timothy 2:5)
- Our unity is more important than our uniformity. (John 13:35, Ephesians 4:3, 1 Peter 3:8)
- Excellence is not an end itself. (Psalm 33:3)
- Both the simplicity of folk art and the complexity of fine art can be true, costly worship. (2 Samuel 24:24)
- God-glorifiying worship trusts the finished work of Christ, depends on the empowering work of the Holy Spirit, and puts no confidence in the flesh. (Philippians 3:3)
- Our worship must commend to the coming generation the glories of the gospel. (Psalm 145:4-7, 10-12)